Accountant & Financial Analyst
|Reports To: Accounting Manager / Controller
||Date Posted: May 24, 2013
||Closing Date: June 30, 2013
Cost accounting and analysis of plant manufacturing costs. Monitor storeroom stock and critical spares inventories. Capital project accounting management as well as Engineering support for Capital projects. A/R back-up. Assist the Controller in other accounting areas as needed.
- Preparation & analysis of manufacturing cost sheets, and prepare and enter journal entries.
- Recognition of expenses for departments / plants.
- Reasonableness testing of expenses, utilities, raw materials.
- Written comments & explanations of variances completed monthly for management.
- Maintain fixed asset system, & prepare property tax returns.
- Calculate monthly depreciation, and additions & deletions to fixed assets.
- Administer Capital Projects spending & forecasting.
- Assist in preparation of the annual budget and monthly forecasts.
- Work directly with department & plant managers to define expense budgets by department & plant.
- Participate in reporting and monitoring the budget throughout the year.
- Participate in the independent financial audit.
- Preparation of financial statements and footnotes for Annual Report.
- Provide detailed back-up for statements and footnotes as required by audit staff.
Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of experience; or equivalent, month-end/quarterly/year end responsibilities, experience with Microsoft Office professional Suite skills, exposure / utilization of financial software packages.
Standard office environment, with significant time on computers and keyboards. Occasional visits to operating plant areas.
Some travel to Tucson and required for conferences and training.
Standard office equipment.
Strong prior knowledge and experience in the job. Excellent understanding of all aspects of the job.
The ability to manage, prioritize, use initiative and flexibility to meet competing deadlines.
Overall direction is supervised. Individual tasks are performed independently. Follows detailed instructions as required.
Success and failure will directly impact the Controller/Accounting Manager and the Accounting Department.
Effectively communicate with the plant area managers, engineering, purchasing personnel, suppliers, customers, other employees, and the community.
Successfully completes quality work under pressure. Manage schedules and meets deadlines.
To ensure submittal of information from others to complete tasks in a timely manner to meet due dates and end-of month/quarter/year needs.
Committed to strong ethical and moral principles to maintain the integrity of the position, department, and company.
The successful candidate will submit documentation and/or summary information supporting as many of the following items as possible. This information will be the primary criteria utilized to select the newest Apache Nitrogen Products, Inc employee.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in accounting or finance.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, including the ability to manage and prioritize tasks, and use initiative and flexibility to meet competing deadlines.
- Proven record of 5+ years of experience in a similar or related role.
- Demonstrated well developed communication skills including verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team.
- Demonstrated analytical and interpretive skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare written and financial reports.
- Demonstrated ability to follow and utilize accounting/financial software.
- Successful experience working with senior management and company board of directors.
- Demonstrated ability to perform detailed cost accounting in a manufacturing setting.
- Confirmed experience in A /R, accounts reconciliation, & budget development.
If you wish to be considered for one of the above mentioned positions, please submit your resume and the needed selection criteria (available in the listing description) to ApacheJobs@apachenitro.com.
If you have any questions, please give us a call 520-720-2217.