Corporate Social Responsibilty
St. David Weather
Cost Accountant and Financial Analyst
|Reports To: Accounting Manager / Controller
||Date Posted: Sept. 13, 2013
||Closing Date: Nov. 30, 2013
This Exempt position is responsible for cost accounting and analysis of plant manufacturing costs, capital project cost management and assisting Controller in accounting areas as needed. The successful candidate will be committed to strong ethical and moral principles to maintain the integrity of the `department and the company.
- Prepare and enter journal entries for month end.
- Preparation for and & analysis of monthly manufacturing costs sheets.
- Written comments and explanations of variances for monthly cost sheets.
- Attend monthly cost sheet meetings.
- Assist with annual budget and monthly forecasting.
- Preparation of various financial reports and material for quarterly board meetings.
- Provide detailed back-up for annual independent financial audit along with footnotes preparation.
- Assist Controller as needed with fixed asset management and capital projects.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong prior knowledge and experience in Accounting and Business
- Excellent understanding of all aspects of General Accepted Accounting Principles
- Knowledge of computers including Microsoft Office Products
- Intermediate level knowledge of Excel spreadsheets
- Expected to make decisions regarding standards and code compliance based on already established procedures and directives.
- Manage, prioritize, use initiative and be flexible to meet competing deadlines.
- Individual tasks are performed independently.
- Plan daily work activities and prioritize tasks.
- Some precedents and/or procedures exist, however, expected to handle different and specialized situations in department or functional area.
- Work is periodically reviewed at certain steps prior to completion.
- Successfully complete quality work under pressure of established deadlines.
- Effective communicate with the plant area managers, engineering, purchasing personnel, suppliers, customers, other employees.
- Audit results with a critical eye, never assuming everything is correct
- Use sound accounting and business reason to resolve complex accounting problems
Must be able to:
- Speak, read and write English adequately enough to communicate effectively with coworkers and visitors, understand and be successfully tested Employee Handbook and numerous posted signs and instructions, and to understand and utilize work orders
- Attend meetings, work directly with co-workers, plant managers and supervisors
- Verbally explain accounting procedures, rules, etc.
- Execute complex addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication functions adequately enough to utilize operating formulas, read and interpret accounting data
- Works constantly with emails, written procedures and regulations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- 5-7 years’ comparable Accounting or Business experience
- CPA Certification preferred.
- The ability to move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to use computer, ten-key or other office equipment.
- Stand and exert well-paced mobility 40% of the day.
- Sit 60% of the day.
- Bend and squat occasionally
- Occasionally lift 50 lbs.
- Occasionally carry 15 lbs.
- Occasionally push 75 lbs.
- Occasionally pull 50 lbs.
- Eyesight (or corrected eyesight) that is adequate to view computer monitors and numbers and color coding on accounting reports
The essential functions of this occupation provided above represents the general type of task or function to be performed. In addition, employees may be trained in other areas or assigned other tasks or duties and responsibilities as required by the work needs of the company.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
If you wish to be considered for one of the above mentioned positions, please submit your resume to ApacheJobs@apachenitro.com.
If you have any questions, please give us a call at 520-720-2217.